Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2:63, #367: Step Away Occasionally

Jigsaw puzzlers are a special breed of individuals. Those who do them think we're inherently problem solvers, persevering, adept at analyzing shapes and colors, and generally quiet, get-the-job-done kind of folks. Non-puzzlers look at us as though we ain't right!

"Puppies On the Fence" is my current project, as you can see, and has conveyed a deep theological truth to me in the last two days. Yesterday I got a grand total of two pieces stuck in partly due to the fact that I've saved the hardest part for last. Today I've already put in six that have been sitting practically putting themselves in for the last several days. (OK, so I tend towards animistic thinking on occasion...so sue me.)

The deep lesson is that sometimes you simply have to step away from a problem and give it a rest so that you can look at it from a different perspective...as I say to Elfson in imitation of Aragorn's words to Legolas, "What do your Elf eyes see?" Well, the deep lesson is that sometimes you have to give "it"...whatever's got you stumped...a rest, much like Jesus told the disciples to step away from dealing with people in the deaconal situation in which they were and to get alone in the hills for a bit.

So...I don't know what's got you stumped as you read this, but step away from it and do something else for a little bit while simply saying, "OK, Lord, show me what's the answer!" Then see what He presents!
Got conundrum?

No comments: