Saturday, February 21, 2009

2:60, #364: Sitting in the Gates & Gifts

I was talking to a young sister yesterday whilst I smoked a delightful cigar outside the classroom building in a sheltered, sunny spot that was the perfect place to be after lunch on a brisk wintry day...sitting "in the gates" to use Old Testament terminology. I do this for myself in my on-going practice of the "chief end of man" and the Lord inevitably brings the Saints across my path for any of a number of reasons He has that I really don't need to fathom, simple as that, but need to interact with in an Ephesians 2:10 frame of reference for both/all of us.

Turns out this sister has no idea what spiritual gifts she might have, so I suggested she Google the phrase "spiritual gifts test" and check it out. I decided to do likewise this morning and hit the first slot available that has a 140-question test and analysis that was pretty accurate in my case as I look back over 28 years' walking the Narrow Road by the Lord's grace. Now, this particular test mixes in some "gifts" that may or may not be akin to your particular theological world-life view, but it could be the very providential move in your life to change you a bit to more of His way of thinking about yourself and others. So, the link is: [http://www.kodachrome.org/spiritgift/].

I mentioned to a Korean brother that I've interacted with folks from 51 different nations over the course of my Tour of Duty here at Camp Cornelius, so now I need to verify my statement to myself and do a little figuring to see if it's accurate. Later.

No comments: