Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2:53, #357: The Thinker

Yesterday I took a couple more personality quizzes...yeah, "addictive" would fit...so sue me. ;p
Well, the one was "Who Are You?" so I had to find out, since I'm so conflicted and have so many issues...eeeuuuuwww!! Turns out I'm A Thinker:
"You love to think. You think about absolutely everything. You think about stuff like alternate endings to movies, being a prep, being emo, blowing up at your teacher, befriending a hobo. [Quiz-writer was 0 for 5 on these!] You think about deep things. What love is, the reason we're on earth...absolutely everything. You take pride in thinking and do well in school. Advice: think about having a little bit more common sense." Of course, being the common sense thinker that I really am, I edited the absolutely Teens/Tweens' paragraph from an e.e.cummings format to actual, functioning English!! But I digress...

Since I'm A Thinker, I thought about The Thinker this morning at 4am while sitting/thinking. Just what passed through that guy's mind while he was sitting on that rock? My hemorrhoids are killing me? When's Auguste going to give me a lunch break? Did I leave the gas on in my Paris flat? Will the marks in my butt from the rock stay there forever? Did Jesus really die for my sins?

Well, my presupposition apparently was wrong...the guy on the rock came out of Rodin's brain without a model other than Michelangelo's "heroic" style sculptures and was supposed to represent Dante dreaming up his Divine Comedy!! The Inferno part of the Comedy apparently impressed Rodin's work throughout the rest of his life.
Wonder if he ever came to faith in Christ? Guess I'll have to check out a biography.
Got any thoughts on the subject?

No comments: