Thursday, February 12, 2009

2:54, #358: Different Bad Luck Day

Well, folks, tomorrow is Friday the 13th. That, in case you couldn't figger it on yer own, makes this Thursday the 12th, also known as Lincoln's birthday, so HAPPY B-DAY, ABE!! (It's my presupposition that he's with the Great Cloud of Witnesses of Hebrews 12:1, so I can address him this way.)

Apparently there's Cheese In Cyberspace today because I have not been able to connect on more than one tab on my computer. I figger since Friday the 13th is usually a great day for me, the Cyberspace Gremlins are flying about my bit of The Black (shades of Firefly and Serenity) trying to frustrate me to no end. It hasn't worked! I think I'm going to call this Red "X" Day since I've punched that delightful little gizmo that simply shuts off the Evil Internet and let's me get back to my computer. By the way, even as I type, Tab Two is trying to load on Wikipedia's article on "Friday the 13th" and simply has the little icon circling to somebody's heart's content.

I even Un-Cheesed my computer with Disc Cleanup and TWO Disc Defragmentations this morning; which, working together for my good as always happens, allowed me to put some more pieces in Puppies On The Fence, my current jigsaw puzzle endeavor.

I'm wondering if the Killjoy Karma Demon finally gets around to annoying those of us not frightened by Friday the 13th on Thursday the 12th or Saturday the 14th. I remember the old Pogo comic strip when he'd comment that "Friday the 13th came on Saturday this month" or whatever day it fell on at the time. My Feng Shui is just fine here in the basement of the Big House, I've got the sound track of "Gettysburg" playing on my computer, and there's a chance when I hit the "publish post" button on this site it will actually do it.

Thanks for reading. Good providence on getting your part of The Black of Cyberspace to respond!

No comments: