Friday, April 11, 2008

#117: Shakespeare Revisited

I woke up this morning with the phrase, "But soft, what light through yonder window breaks!" and it started my wheels rollin' along the following lines. What if you took some of Willy Shakes' famous lines and altered them a bit? Watch:

"But soft, what light through yonder window breaks! It is Julia...and she just fell off the balcony in a pile of glass!" (Romeo and Juliet)

"Out, out, damned Spot...quit burying bones in my garden!" (Lady Mac in MacBeth)

"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances...but most of the time they don't know where the heck they are or what the heck they're doing." (Jacques in As You Like It)

"To be or not to be...well, I'd settle for a cee on that test!" (Hamlet in...well...Hamlet, of course)

"Alas, poor Yorrick, I knew him, Horatio..and he aint lookin' so good!" (Hamlet again)

"Now is the winter of our discontent...but Spring's just around the corner." (Richard in RichardIII)

"Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me...your cell phones." (Marc Anthony in Julius Caesar)

Got stage to strut and fret upon?

No comments: