Thursday, April 24, 2008

#126: Happy Chicken Little Day

Yep, back in 1061 on this day some English monk looked up in the sky, saw Halley's Comet, and decided to let everyone know that England was about to be destroyed...one can only assume because of his perception of the wickedness that existed there. Just think, only 5 years later, William the Conqueror kicked some English booty at the Battle of Hastings, so maybe El Monko wasn't as whacked as one might initially think. Just think of the lives he could have affected if Al Gore's ancestor had invented the Internet back then!!
Well, so I don't get accused of "writing drivel" in these posts...yes, yes, the statement HAS been made to me...here's the Biblical quote that redeems the time, from Isaiah 41:10: 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'
This particular verse should comfort any of you anytime the old Worry Meter spikes to its highest setting and your "wiggle room" narrows down to a very narrow corridor instead of the wide open spaces you first perceived you were going to have available to you in whatever aspect of your life you find yourself.
Got Palm oil?

No comments: