Friday, April 18, 2008

#123: Waltzin' Matilda

Well, folks, there's some good news/bad news from Down Under (that would be Australia for those of you who don't know the lingo; which rhymes with dingo, an indigenous animal to the place). There's been six years of drought on that island continent and it's adversely affecting the rice supply world wide according to this article: http://www.worthynews.com/news/iht-com-articles-2008-04-17-business-17warm-php/. Needless to say, that's the bad news.

The Good News comes from 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 (my emphasis on the words, of course),"If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." So, you three Aussies out there who might be reading this today, pray that your countrymen in the Lord follow the above stated rules so we here in Great Britain's first transport-your-undesirables-place can get some "news from afar" as Pv. 25:25 states that is good concerning the revival of the Church Down Under and the reaching of the peoples all over the Outback!!

OY...got some jumbuck in your tucker bag to go Waltzin' with a Matilda full of Bibles?

For you possibly uninformed folks from the lands of the Maple Leaf and Stars and Stripes...go to this You Tube spot for enlightenment on the last sentence and some enjoyable music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INdjRCNcZj0
One of these days I might go walk about!
American Swagman Bob

No comments: