Tuesday, September 9, 2008

#244: 137 A..Q. and My Aura

1 Corinthians 8:1 says, "Knowledge makes arrogant, but love edifies." I am living proof of the truth of that text when I get to pontificating on whatever subject grabs my attention; except maybe when my spiritual gift of encouragement kicks in and I'm lauding the praise of the Lord.
Maybe the problem is my aura, which is described by yet another quiz as "...purple. You're eccentric with your style and do not like to conform. You seek great things and significance in life and are a natural born leader." Sounds like all the arrogance any one person could need.

This morning I managed to take one of those Facebook I.Q. tests, got irritated with all the ads and sign-ups-or-nots at the end of the deal, and just hit the little "x marks the spot" at the upper right hand corner to lose it. (Would that mean my purple aura was fading or getting deeper purple?) Well, whoever's responsible for the quiz was kind enough (or evil enough, not sure which) to email me the results. I then Googled "Intelligence Quotient" to see what the standards were against which I was compared. My next question is, if I'm so intellectually superior, howcome I take personality- and supposed-intelligence tests on Facebook?! By so doing, how many points should I be docked for the score?! Who the heck set the point value anyway?! How dumb CAN I be?...Gimme a number to shoot for since I strive for excellence in everything! ;p

Well, I think we need a change in our lettering scheme. I.Q. for Intelligence Quotient should be changed to A. Q. for Arrogance Quotient so it has a Biblical foundation on which to build. Considering I'm only using 10% of my brain to achieve a 137, should I REALLY be a 1,370? Guess I'll have to wait "until that Day" to get the other 90% in gear when the Lord places me in His Presence.
Got anticipation?

No comments: