Saturday, September 27, 2008

#257: Number Your Days

Today one of my readings referred to Psalm 90:12, "So teach us to number our days, that we may present to Thee a heart of wisdom." Well, as I told the folks who get my Facebook status updates, Happy Day #20,770! (My Life Reference Day, that is...yours, of course, would be different, since you would be numbering your days, not mine, but you get the idea.)
This is the same psalm that says, "For a thousand years in Thy sight are like yesterday when it passes by, Or as a watch in the night." So, in light of this math, if you pray for something and the Lord says, "Wait a minute," does it mean 1,000 years=24 hours x 60 minutes, or 1000/1440 minutes=.694 years, or.694 x 52=36.1 weeks?
If we figure an average gestation period of 270 days (9 months' pregnancy) should this be Day #21,040 since my world life view sees "life" beginning at conception, not at birth, as our Constitution considers American citizenship? After all, with our highly developed medical and biological science, we know that two dna chains "knit together in our mother's womb" form the absolute basis of our personality and biological "game plan" of genetic orders and disorders!

Well, this is also the psalm that says, "As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years, or if due to strength, eighty years, yet their pride is but labor and sorrow; for soon it is gone and we fly away." I guess that puts me at roughly 81.4% or 71.3% near dead in the overall concept of my being as I sit around killing time writing to you two who are reading this while time is killing me in its oh, so effective way. Of course, on the other hand, assuming the statistics hold, I'm somewhere between 28.7% to 18.6% distance from Heaven, so there's that there silver lining they're often quoting...ooo, deja vu on the last post! ;p
Gotta go play. Numbering your days?

No comments: