Friday, May 9, 2008

#135: Divine Time Internet Connection

It was 4:20pm when I started to connect to the Internet to get on this site; which is now my Home on Mozilla Firefox thanks to Elfson magic.
Well, it took me exactly SIX minutes to get to this point, so while I was waiting I did some calculator work based on the phrase, "to the Lord, one day is as a thousand years." (I wonder if HE was sitting around waiting for His computer to boot up when he designed that phrase?!!) That means that each hour is 41.67 years (1000/24). Then 41.67/60 minutes per hour=.6945 years, or 253.49 days per minute. That means that I've just spent 1521 days waiting to get on the Internet and sign into this Blog. So, you can clearly see that, given a 31-day month, I've been sitting here for 49 months, or 4 years, 1 month!! :P
Well, my "Gettysburg" album ("cd" for you young'uns) is on the last song and I'm ready for some Grey Havens supper and a movie. By the way, if you are even marginally interested, I've listed out ALL the movies I've written down in pocket calendars since October 11, 1990, sorted them both chronologically and alphabetically, and totaled up how many times we've watched what. (The original intention for jotting down a movie on any given day was to settle arguments.) Not surprisingly, "Gettysburg" gets the prize for movies with 32 times watched!! "I Love Lucy" is over-all winner with 46, but that could mean anywhere from 1 to 5 1/2-hour shows watched at a sitting.
I'll bet you're gonna sleep a WHOLE lot better knowing THAT!!
In any event, I'M OUTTA HERE!!
Got chicken something-or-other?

No comments: