Monday, May 12, 2008

#137: Hot Stuff and Heaven

Yeah, I'm already crankin' down here in the bowels of the Big House with some 70s sounds even though I think I've finally succumbed to the hum-fluggities after a sickness free winter. I've found that music that hits you right in the guts has a way of pumpin' adrenalin to get you goin' for a bit until you crash...sorta like that sugar high of a chocolate bar that's great for a short time but then lets you down. Hmmm...maybe there's a parable for something Proverbs MUST say about sin being ok for a short time, but the paybacks suck! (Variant reading of the original Hebrew for you linguistic scholars!!)
Anyway, Elfson watched the tail end of "Return of the King" with Audio Visualman and me Saturday and was mightily impressed with the Witch King of Angmar's flaming sword with which he exploded Gandalf's wizard staff. (I believe the comment was something about "better than a light saber"!!) Well, yesterday we got talkin' about it and decided there might be a Museum of Redemptive History in Heaven that would include the Flaming Sword of Eden, Jezebel's skull and hand bones, and maybe a few other cool things to remind us of the Lord's work here in history. I, of course, said "there's a post in this" as we were thinkin' about it, so here it is.
By the way, when I wondered out loud how Gandalf had his staff back at the end of the movie as he got on the ship to cross the sea, I had it pointed out to me, "Well, he's a wizard!" Made sense.
Oh, yeah, this viewing of the Rings Trilogy made #25 for A-Vman and Me and it further reinforces our belief that the rumbling and vibration of the entire living room while we watched Gandalf speak the black speech of Mordor at the Rivendell Council back on June 18, 2006 was actually my Mom passing through the Grey Havens in a Chariot of Fire on her way to heaven, since I got the call 10 minutes later that "she had passed." Even Blu Ray and 6.1 Sound can't replicate that experience!!
As a matter of fact, today is the anniversary of J.E.B. Stuart's death from his mortal wound at the Battle of Yellow Tavern in 1864, so I might as well point out that "Rock of Ages" was not only his favorite Christian hymn, but my Mom and Dad's, too. Oh, fyi...June 18, 2006 just happened to be Father's Day, so Mom and Dad were reunited after 48 years of widowhood for her that day, pretty handy in the providence of God, I'd say, and did at her memorial service! I'm also of the opinion that her chariot was driven by Ole J.E.B. and the entourage also included guys like Stonewall Jackson, Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, Robert E. Lee, George Meade, George Armstrong Custer, and other Civil War Generals who were Christians; especially since she was almost as interested in the Civil War as I.
Well, probably ought to set some Camp Cornelius wheels rollin' before I hit the trail for a day off.
Got Tylenol?

No comments: