Saturday, May 24, 2008

#146: MMMBOPPIN' and MORE

Yep, the walls of Stonewalled Charismatic Presbyterian are vibratin' with GREAT music...everything from "Battle Hymn of the Republic" to "Mmmbop" and "I Love Rock and Roll" to "Listen to Your Heart." I just spent some time rollin' through "Browse More Pages" and joined up with a BUNCH of fans and supporters on Facebook. (By the way, the authors of the spell check of this deal ought to add "Facebook" as an acceptable spelling so I don't have to look at the stupid red lines when I use the word in these epistles!!)
You'll notice, if you check out my Facebook Profile that President Bush and President- Wannabees Barracks, Hillarity, and the John are ALL supported by yours truly. Why is that, you say? (You did, didn't you?!) Well, it's simple, I actually voted for El Presidente four and eight years ago and think he's doing as good a job as any past President and I'm firmly convinced that it doesn't matter for which of the Other Three you vote in November, if they are, in fact the possibilities. (I think Barracks and Hillarity are gonna go tied for 12 votes in the DNC and ALgore is gonna get the nomination as the dark horse on the 13th Ballot, but that's just my guess.) The reason I think that any of those Fantastic Four will be the right choice is that it's about time the Lord God Almighty gets around to the Persecution of the American Church because we've not only fumbled the ball, but kicked it into the stands to have it irretrievably lost to the players. My opinion is that the REAL agendas of the Wannabees are going to include stifling free expression by the Hate Speechers that believe the Bible is infallible and inerrant and condemns EVERYBODY to Hell with or without the hand basket.
But on the bright side, back in Acts 1:8 the Lord said, "but you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." The disciples got all spiritual, got the Holy Spirit, got prayer meetings, and sat tight in Jerusalem. Sooooo...in Acts 8:1 God took matters into His own hands, "...And on that day a great persecution arose against the church in Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles."
Got parallels in history?!!

No comments: