Monday, May 26, 2008

#149: More Things Today That Annoy Me

I started writing #148 at 8:11am this morning. My mistake was cutting and pasting from Dictionary.com. It is now 9:57am and I've FINALLY figured out how to outfox these evil post-Fall created critters called computers and the Internet. You'll notice that the post remains #148C because I was cutting and pasting and redoing fonts and sizes until I got what I wanted on the FOURTH try....Computers make Annoyance #4. Can I get an "AMEN?"

Now, Annoyance #5: Squirrels...otherwise known as rats with good public relations. They eat wires in your house, eat wires and gas lines in your car, build nests in your attics and walls that probably have all kinds of parasites in them, are generally an annoyance and smell bad if they die inside the walls, and people think they are cute.

Annoyance #6 is the pathetic design of cars for the last 30 or so years. The picture shows what a REALLY cool car should look like. Why can't Detroit redo the Oldies instead of making those pathetic Retros that are supposedly aerodynamic but look like something you shot at and missed?!! (Tip of the hat for that phrase from my old buddy Ken McK!) It seems to me that some MacGyver wannabe could figger out how to build in all the safety features required and desired these days and still have some decent looking wheels.
Well, "Days of Elijah" just gave me the answer..."These are the days of great trials." Somebody out there must be prayin' for patience for me, and if I find out who it is, he/she is gonna have the boomerang effect on him so that God gives the trials needed to use the patience already owned as part of the fruit of the Spirit!! ;(

Got cheese for my whine?

No comments: