Friday, May 16, 2008

#140: D.J. Bob

Today's the last day of finals and one of my granddaughters needs some early morning wake-me-up tunes as she studies in the Chow Ciao Chao Room up above my head. The challenge is to get the bone rattlin' sounds in my office up through a concrete floor. Fortunately, I've got old heat ducts that make perfect sound transmitters! Needless to say, the sound system of Stonewalled Charismatic Presbyterian is being called into play at its utmost! We've got "Bang the Drum" by Todd Rundgren, "Somebody to Love" by Jeff Airplane, and right now, "Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen. Hey, I can have responsive hearing in my next incarnation...I don't answer my cell phone half the time now...I might as well make it complete!! For the mo', we're makin' a joyful NOISE down here in the bowels of the Big House!!
Just remember, the stoning passages of the Old and New Testament in today's cinematography would have background music..."WE WILL, WE WILL ROCK YOU!!!!!
This "Hot Stuff" makes me "Footloose", so I'm gonna grab my glove, bat and spikes and head for "Center Field" with J.C. Fogerty!!
Cher asks if there is "Life After Love"?
YEAH, WE CALL IT SALVATION IN THE LORD WHO LOVED US BEFORE WE FIRST LOVED HIM!!!!
Got loud amen?

No comments: