Thursday, June 5, 2008

#156: Good Dirt

Everybody who knows me has heard me say that the day before the Fall Adam was a gardener and the day after it he was a maintenance man. I've been striving to gain access to my original design in a post-Reformational, Van Tillian, Zen Buddhist feng shui sort of way by planting not only one, but two gardens this year! (As you can see, the metaphysical fertilizer flows regularly in this region of cyberspace, but what would you expect, given the blog name?!!)
Well, the good dirt of the Grey Havens Garden, the Lord's rain sent on our area quite propitiously this year so far, Miracle Gro, prayer, and good seed have produced the first fruits (veggies, actually) of the growing season. For those of you who appreciate spicy radishes, these babies were (notice the past tense) EXCELLENT, Duuudes and Duuuudesses! Granted, they're a bit premature for "proper" picking, so I simply justified my haste by calling it part of the "thinning" required by the seed packets to The Cook. (He wasn't going to eat them anyway.)
Well, I'm reminded of Matthew 13:23, "And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit, and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty." When you're prayin' for yourself or others, ask for the hundredfold fruit...I do for you!
Got gracious God?!!

No comments: