Saturday, June 7, 2008

#158: It's 6.7.8

Yep, you won't have this numerical alignment for a date until next century! Think you'll be around then? Only if medical science advances enough to let you live another 100 years, but my question would be, "Why would you WANT to if you know there's a seat at the Marriage Feast table for you?!!" Of course, if you're reading this and don't know if there's a seat set aside for you or even what the heck I'm writing about, I can understand why you want to go on living for another 100 years. If you happen to be in that boat without a paddle OR a rudder...give this a whirl: "Hey, God...if you're there and this Jesus Stuff is true, show me!"...and expect to get an answer.

Let's see, it's supposed to be 93 degrees today with a heat index over 100 here in sunny southeast Pennsyltucky! Down here in the bowels of Stonewalled Charismatic it's a cool 73 behind the thickness of the stones and 8' below ground level....AND Judy Collins is singing "Amazing Grace" in my favorite version. (Lookit up on You Tube if you're a young'un and ain't heard it yet or do it for the memories if you're an old head!) Hmmm...wonder if Judy has ever come to know the Lord?...Bring her on board, Lord, a.s.a.p.!! AND DO THE SAME FOR MY WHOLE AINTS LIST!!!

On a slightly different note: I heard last night on TV when I was at the local "watering hole" that Hillarity is now backing Barracks against The John in the race for President of the US of A. I'm bettin' there will be some wicked twists and turns to this maneuver! If anyone thinks the Clintons are a bankrupt power brokerage firm, they'd better grab a copy of Machiavelli's The Prince and have a quick read over the weekend....I'm gonna check MSN to see what's cookin'...

OK, here's THE most unhealthy stuff and places to eat:
The Saltiest Dish in America: Romano's Macaroni Grill Chicken Portobello
Saltiest Appetizer: Papa John's Cheese sticks with Buffalo Sauce
Saltiest Pizza: Pizza Hut Meat Lover's Stuffed Crust Pizza
Why do I suddenly want to drink more distilled water?!! If this were Old Testament times, could this be called The Mrs. Lot Salt Report?!!
Oh, I was informed earlier this morning (after bacon, eggs, toast, juice & coffee) that it's "get your own lunch" and "dogs for dinner" at the Grey Havens, so I'm as happy as a hog in slop...that's my idea of the perfect day!! ;)

Since I'm on the topic of eating: some brainiac wants us to eat more BUGS to improve our health and the environment!! Well, last night's viewing of "King Kong" (the 2005 version) showed that, if you don't eat them, they'll EAT YOU!! I say we should have a revival of the old fashioned nuclear radiation bug movies like "THEM" so we can further dement yet another generation! How about that classic scene in "The Fly" (1958) where the guy's head is on the fly's body, caught in a spider web calling, "Help me! Help me!" in a high pitched voice?!! And, of course, there are Godzilla and Mothra to consider as classics that need to be rewatched!!
Oh, the article I just read talked about eating locusts, honey ants, crickets, and others. AND WHAT WAS IT THAT JOHN THE BAPTIST ATE? LOCUSTS AND WILD HONEY!! (Gee, the brainiacs are catching up to the Bible a coupla thousand years after the fact YET AGAIN!! By the way, read Leviticus 11 if you want to find out God's view of permissible foods from a health standpoint!! Forget about that incident with Peter and the sheet with unclean animals...the point of the text was GENTILE EVANGELISM, not dietary restrictions being lifted!!

Well, I'm off to Facebook to see what my Friends are doin' today...
I'm reminded of Proverbs 25:25, "Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land." Maybe I can give a cup of cold water to some sheep in the time upcoming?
Got Matthew 25:35-46?

No comments: