Friday, June 27, 2008

#177: Feng Shui Day

Yeah, I'm taking some of that vacation time I'm allotted for being a diligent employee here at Camp Cornelius. This morning I even went down to The Garden, watered a nicely growing crop, and even weeded for about an hour...my achin' bacon!! ;( The picture shows some of my handiwork and some of God's. Mine is the little white-covered doodad known as my thumb with a post-operative splint for the guillotine work I did on it last week.
The beautiful orange flower is a zucchini in the making...obviously God's part in my gardening efforts. Actually, the watermelon vines are also up and starting to spread out on my first ever attempt at growing that particular delightful fruit. In fact, my mini Stone Henges (see Post #161), are going to have to be called Water Melon Henges since some melon plants are coming up instead of the Chinese maples I planted. Actually, I'm hoping I get water melon first and some tree saplings later in the season.

So what's this got to do with Feng Shui? Well, Feng Shui ("fung schway"), according to Wikipedia, "is an ancient Chinese practice believed to utilize the Laws of both heaven (astronomy) and earth (geography) to help one improve life by receiving positive Qi." Basically, rearrange your part of the planet in the way you want it to make your attitude good and improve your health as a result. The Bible's "Feng Shui" might be read in Ecclesiastes 9:10, "Whatever your hand finds to do, verily, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol where you are going." Jump over to Colossians 3:23-24 for the rest of the formula, "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve."

Speaking of jumping...we watched "Jumpers" last night because it came with "Men In Black" as a two for one deal. The adage, you get what you pay for, is true. I believe I've seen this one twice already...first and last time! The only thing I can get out of this whole deal is that it's another anti-religion movie because Samuel Jackson and the other Paladins are bent on killing these young folks who can jump all over the world like some kind of super villains who steal money by popping into banks and out, steal cars by doing likewise, and leave people in bad places by grabbing them and dumping them. Jackson's character justifies the killing by saying, "Only God should have that power." Maybe some movie dude decided he was going to try to give us a clue as to how resurrection bodies are going to work? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I hear Civil War Generals calling me again.
Got dry powder?

No comments: