Friday, June 20, 2008

#169: Out For Summer Fun

Well, my handy dandy pocket calendar told me (in a non-verbal way, of course) that today is the first day of summer...yippee! Last night, The Man Who Knows Everything (I know the rest) told me (in a verbal way, of course) that today is the longest day of the year, so I immediately asked if we were going to watch "The Longest Day" tonight in Grey Havens Theater....got no answer, I believe, so to quote Gimli in the extended version of "The Return of the King" after Aragorn cuts off the head of Sauron's emissary, "I guess that ends negotiations!"
In any event, you should take advantage of today's extra daylight hours to get out into the weather you've been given for the day...go for a walk with a friend, mess around in the garden, go ride my favorite ride at Hershey Park, stay in the air conditioning and read, write some emails, join Facebook like your friends have been bugging you to do...maybe even start your Christmas shopping early this year!
In any event, this is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it...worry about tomorrow when it gets here; which, in fact, it never does because by the time YOU get there, it'll then be today! Think about it...today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday! My thoughts on worry can be summed up by the Divine Miss M...Bette Midler: "Why bother?!"
Got Matthew 6:33, 34?

No comments: