Saturday, June 14, 2008

#163: Saturday Outta the Sun

Tomorrow is Father's Day. If you've got the opportunity, give Old Dad a thrill by remembering him in some special way. I had to substitute Mom from 1958 when Dad took a chariot of fire into the Promised Land when his ticker quit. Hey, as I pointed out in #137, Mom and Dad were reunited on Father's Day, 2006, so I guess technically that makes me an orphan now. Or is there an age limit to that derivation?
Now that I think of it, howcome there aint a Son's Day?!! Or a Brother's Day or Uncle's Day or Celebrate Some Old Goat Day?!! I think Hallmark is missing out on some real cash flow increase by leaving out other holidays. Oh, well...their loss.

I also got a whole bunch of great photos from our trip to Hershey Park, many of which are classified so that our agents in the field are not compromised. However, the photographer of record has given permission to me to use them, so I will as occasion occurs and our agents get retired, kacked (tip of the hat to "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"), or otherwise don't care if they show up on the Internet. The one here shows how the Cub Scouts were right...Be Prepared! Without that bandanna, I probably would have had to "prepare to meet my God," to paraphrase Amos 4:12 with third degree burns on my not so hairy head. Hey, speaking of hair, I was telling a friend just yesterday that I think the Mark of Cain was male pattern baldness to distinguish him from all the hairy Mid-Eastern guys "back in the day." OK, so it sounds a bit screwy, but can you come up with a better idea that would make the dude stand out like a sore thumb to show his sin and yet to warn off prospective killers from doing just that?!! A loss of hair would also probably knock a hole in his love life, too; another aspect of the curse, I would suggest.

Well, I've been Facebooking a bit to see what friends are doing....even sent a freebie gift to one of my granddaughters to see if I have the techno-smarts to do something like that without the guidance of Elfson or his I.T. compatriots that would be strolling through Camp Cornelius on their way to the Grey Havens.

Since I'm going completely abstract-random: If you get the chance, watch the HBO series, "John Adams"!! Audioman and I started it Friday night and are already hooked. The acting is great; the guy who played the Carmine Falcone in "Batman Begins" (another favorite movie) and Gerald in "The Full Monty" (a laugher of a heart-warming story) plays Ben Franklin in good style. Actually, ALL the acting is first rate in my book and the way the production is done gives a WHOLE new look at 18th century America and the way things went down!

Well, I hear the call of battle at Gettysburg from Civil War Generals 2...
Got artillery and bayonets?

No comments: