Thursday, June 19, 2008

#168: Out For Moderation

Well, for the second time in my blogging lifetime...a limited engagement begun 12/13/07...I'm "awaiting moderation" for some comments I made on somebody else's cyberspace turf. The last time this happened to me I got the royal boot...check out Posts #49 & 50 if you're interested in the details. This time I had some questions regarding the phrase that is the ace in the hole, so to speak, of cyber-dictators...
Should "awaiting moderation"...
1. Have to do with the Aristotelian Mean where one finds a happy medium between excess and deficiency? (Which makes me wonder if, given the Bible's negative statements about occult mediums if ANY of them can truly be seen as "happy.")
2. Have to do with some 12-step recovery program whereby the participant learns how to deal with his addictions without going cold turkey?
3. Take into account that the Moderator should exercise moderation rather than strict accountability and adherence to some set of preconceived standards that stifle the free speech of bloggers of contrary predilections?
4. Be considered a particular trial designed by the Lord to make you use the patience you already have as a result of having the fruit of the Spirit? (cf. Galatians 5:22-23)
That'll do for now. After all, I need to be moderate, Eh?

No comments: