Sunday, June 8, 2008

#159: Nursery Duty


Nope, not with rugrats, but with vegetables. We've got two kinds of radishes, cucumbers, three types of onions, zucchini, carrots, and even some watermelon on the leaf. Genesis 1:9 says, "Then God said, 'Let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear'; and it was so." Howcome He didn't just say, "Let there be dirt!" is what I want to know. Seems like the natural follow up to "Let there be light!" (And He didn't mean a Bud Light.)
Well, then there was the glorious Flower Henge to water, weed, and nurture with kindly words, like "GROW OR I'LL MOW!!" Ya just gotta know how to schmooz those little cuties! ;)
I guess you could say the Biblical version would be, "Then God said, 'Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit after their kind, with seed in them, on the earth'; and it was so."
Well, I've got the "Maverick" version of "Amazing Grace" running at the moment, I got back on this here thing here because my !@#$%^Civil War Generals crashed on me just as I was annihilating the Yankees at Fredericksburg...ya know, I wonder if Great Grandpappy Antes had something to do with that...given he served with the 119th Pennsylvania Volunteers south of Fredericksburg during The War?!! Hmph! "Going Home" from "Gods and Generals" just came on, so I'm takin' that as a Divine Sign to move along down to the Grey Havens and get to the next piece of business the Lord laid out beforehand that I should walk in it. (Ephesians 2:10)
Got marching orders?

No comments: