Thursday, June 19, 2008

#167: Out For Stitches

With the advent of my last two posts, I figured I'd do an "Out For" series for however long the mood suits me. I found out this morning that,when I mess up...I mess up RIGHT!! I have to go get stitches in the old thumb because not only did I cut into the pulpy part known as the "nail bed" but even cut the end of the bone off. Long story short, the Doc's gotta mash down the flesh and sew it in place so the nail grows back over it, not through it....yippee!
I had to laugh when he called what I did a "freak accident." For me, it was more standard operating procedure, given the four other sets of 5-stitches I've gotten...one from a tricycle accident for head stitches at the tender age of four, some in my toes when I kicked a light in the ceiling outside my freshman dorm room, some in my knuckles from a bread drawer edge, and some in my knee from my own knife.
Rule of Thumb with Knives: ALWAYS cut away from yourself.
Rule of Thumb of Maintenance Men: Ignore the above Rule of Thumb!!
I'm sure all these things would not have happened if Adam and Eve had eaten Soup of the Day instead of the Fruit of Knowledge Platter "back in the day" as my young'uns say! ;(
Guess we're all victims, have issues, and are conflicted, Eh?
Got EEEUUUWWW?

No comments: