Saturday, December 13, 2008

2:1, #305

Sometimes I amaze myself at how dumb I can be. Yesterday I went through all those various calculations. DUHH...it was the 366th day since I started Self Indulgent B.S. because it was a Leap Year. OK...250/366=68.3% so 31.7% of last year I did not write anything. That's settled. Hmmm...that's roughly the same success rate as attacking on Friday, Saturday, or Monday instead of Sunday during the Civil War!!

Today starts Year #2 of this blog, hence the numbering system I finally determined will work for me to cross reference this if I ever have a need so to do. Bet you're thrilled all to pieces about that particular piece of information. But, then, maybe you are, considering you're actually reading this self indulgent bit of web publishing...HA...gotcha, didn't repeat the title! ;p

It's 11:13am at the moment. One hundred and forty-six years ago in Fredericksburg, Virginia, great grandpappy and the rest of the Union forces south of town were held at bay by one stinking piece of Confederate artillery from 10-11. Right about now the Yanks were using superior artillery firepower in an inferior manner that would eventually lead to Meade's repulse by Stonewall Jackson's artillery and Confederate troops; which is where I first received my exposure to cannon fire "while in my great grandpappy's loins" according to Biblical phraseology that causes my on-going post traumatic stress syndrome symptoms!! (At least that's one of my theories of why I'm "not right" according to my plumber friend.)

This could also explain in part why "I need parents" as Archangel and Elfson aver. Guess it's a good thing I've got a mansion in Heaven reserved with my name on it, Eh?
Is that the sound of angel wings I hear?
No, just Enya singing with a great backup group...DANGGIT!!

No comments: