Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2:9, #313: Addictive Personality

Today while I was hauling Hammy III off to The Creek I was listening to The Michael Smirconish Show on radio and learned that addictive personalities have an amino acid called dopamine (doh-puh-meen, Dictionary.com says). Apparently it's this particular item that triggers your absolute need to have whatever it is that hooks you into addictive behavior.

Well, I've often wondered why in chemistry "mine" is pronounced "meen" instead of "myne." I think the substance that turns us into dopes who can't resist doing something should be re-pronounced Dope-A-Mine and be considered the evil little gremlin inside us that causes us to do something, like sin, addictively.

I'm betting that somebody spent a bunch of money to come up with this conclusion. It seems to me a simple consultation with Ephesians 2:1, "And you were dead in your trespasses and sins..." would have solved the paper work part of this whole deal. Like...YO!...the implication is that you were born that way because of The Fall.

Got uncontrollable itch that needs to be scratched?

No comments: