Sunday, December 7, 2008

#299: Ireland, Oh Ire-land

I'm in the process of reading some missionary email from the Emerald Isle...names will be omitted to protect the not-so-innocent. Turns out Ireland has gotten antagonistic toward foreigners with visas of a religious nature. Once again, the Catholic-Protestant spiritual warfare in the heavenlies is being waged on a political level.
Does anyone but me see the simplicity of identifying the basis for ALL of Ireland's "Troubles" in the fact that the place is actually called IRE-land?!! ;p Dictionary.com succinctly defines "ire" as: "intense anger, wrath."
Synonyms: "furor, rage, wrath, choler, indignation, anger, annoy, exasperate, fury, heat, infuriate, resentment." Providentially, my "Celtic Traditions" cd just came on, so my own Celtic roots are showing; which, in my case, isn't hard. (I've also got a touch of the Scot, Anglo-Saxon, Russian, and Teutonic Visigoth in me, so any temper I show makes perfect sense.)

Can you say BARBARIANS who need Jesus? Pray down some strongholds RIGHT NOW, using Colossians 2:15!! "Bomb" the Hell Out Of Them, so to speak, with Heaven's B-52's...PRAYER!!

No comments: