Friday, July 4, 2008

#181: Paths

Did you ever have "one of those days?" This Fourth of July started out like that, but then I remembered Proverbs 16:9, "The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps." Well, this morning's steps eventually got me to the place where I got the shower soap dish and kitchen sink caulked the way I wanted...a Psalm 37:4 prayer answer, actually...but it took winding around through several crappy tubes of caulk, a couple of trips to/from the Grey Havens and the Big House, messing around with umbrellas as it spritzed rain, and the necessary cleanup. Simply putting away light bulbs turned into a closet cleaning/rearranging gig, so 2.5 hours of this day are behind me.

The GOOD news is that I actually got to where I was going and found another good quote written into the margin of my Charles Spurgeon book, Beside Still Waters. C.T. Studd once wrote, "Some men wish to live within the sound of church and chapel bell. I wish to run a rescue shop within a yard of Hell." I added my thought, "Each year of spiritual maturity moves The Shop closer to Hell's doorway; 'and the gates of Hell SHALL NOT prevail!'" Guess I'll have to side step outta here to Facebook and post these as a coupla more "Favorite Sayings"...and check on how my Market Place upgrade in the game Knighthood is going! ;)

OH...the THIRTY-THIRD viewing of "Gettysburg" last night after some spicy wings and a Yingling at Fatty's was as emotionally satisfying as the first 32! Ya gotta love the ending when the Chamberlain brothers hug each other with that great soundtrack playing in the background. Just to have survived that battle was amazing. I guess all the folks walking around with mp3 players plugged into their heads these days are just trying to achieve life with background music, hunh?! Guess it beats the 5-transistor radios we used to tote in the 60s! My "Feng Shui" album right now is kinda nice, now that I think of it. "Gettysburg" and "Gods and Generals" are in the cd pipeline. Well, Proverbs 25:25 says, "Like cold water to a weary soul, So is good news from a distant land," so I'm gonna go check out the world a bit to see what the Lord is up to today ...paths that might wind around a bit, Eh?!

No comments: