Saturday, July 26, 2008

#201: Another Bob-ism

Yep, there I was talking to my old buddy, Doug, whom I've known since my freshman days at Muhlenberg...that would be "back in the day" of 1969! He reminded me that we met through the play, "Becket," and both had minimal-line roles as English Guys of some easily forgotten characteristics. He had a young guy with him as a prospective recruit for Advanced Infantry Training in the Army of Christ here at Camp Cornelius to whom I was pontificating/cracking wise, as I do. I even gave him my "everything a young Christian needs to know" speech. (Tip of the hat to Hub McCann in "Second Hand Lions.")
In the midst of saying something...can't remember which part of the sage loquaciousness it was... I said, "Be faithful and God will be moreso." Dang! Another Bob-ism was born! Once again, proof of my belief that if God can speak to Balaam through a donkey, he can certainly use you and me to convey encouragement and truth to others!
As Beekeeper said as he was dispensing hooch between battles in "The Alamo," "THAT'S ALL!"

No comments: