Thursday, July 31, 2008

#207: Prayer Rocks!

Today's title came to me whilst contemplating some things from Proverbs 15. It's inherently a psychological test of your age and the way you think. If you thought "prayer rocks"... reminds me of Pet Rocks, you're long in the tooth and over a coupla hills. If you thought "prayer is a force in the universe that is AWWWWSOME"... you're Generation Young'un (a new derivation for which I now claim all rights and reservations if it gets used in future).

The ambiguity is intentional because I think both ways; yeah, I'm long in the tooth, think like a Young'un, and my Archangel thinks I need parents! "Prayer rocks" are places in the Scriptures that are solid as the Rock of Ages for reliability when you stand on them in Christ. Jeremiah 33:3, "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know" is rather self-explanatory and was once known as God's Telephone Number. Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart" is a promise to transform your heart so you're asking what He wants to give you in the first place as well as a promise that you ask, you get. Then there's Matthew 7:7, "Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you." I could go on for hours with this, but there are weeds outside here at Camp Cornelius that are waiting to die on this hot July day.

Now, "Prayer Rocks!" as my Gen Young'uns might say in moments of excitement and spiritual vitality, could be my world life view summarized over the last 28-years-less-17 days experience. (I'm coming up on my Rebirth Day on the 17th of this month when God graciously quickened a fourth generation Covenant Kid, checking off my name on His Heavenly Checklist ...see Post #36.) I have seen 179,856 specific answers to prayer since December 13, 1980 that I've written into my prayer journals. I figured that there was no way I could take care of the world and battle spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenlies, so I might as well bring in my Big Brother, Jesus, to do it for me, considering He is omnipotent, omnitient, and omnipresent and promised to grant my heart's desires as I delight in Him. Soooo...
Got requests?

No comments: