Monday, August 4, 2008

#211: 20 Years Ago Yesterday

Since I was away yesterday, I didn't get to read my usual morning 4 devotions, so I doubled up today. My notes in One Year Book of Christian History (you all should really get a copy!) indicates that 20 years ago yesterday I began praying for Christian Singles as a group, one of the categories mentioned in Post #209. I figured Singles...that would be never-marrieds, divorced types, and widows/widowers...who really need helpmeets should follow the simple instructions of Matthew 6:33,34 and watch how the Lord provides in answer to my requests based on that Prayer Rock. (Post #207) Here's the text: "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

So, my request is, "Cause them all to be seeking first Your Kingdom, Lord, then match up the horn dogs who need to get married in Your perfect timing!" Hey, Jesus was a redneck carpenter who created the procreative function, so why shouldn't I just talk to Him the way He already knows I'm thinking before I ask?!! Besides, the Spirit's working within/alongside me to clean up my prayers that I don't know how to pray aright, so I can't lose!

Speaking of that...it's time to do some journaling. I've got 179, 944 answers in my journals and I want to see if I can hit 180,000 by the end of the day. Catch y'all later. I'm kinda wound up this morning and aint got no parents! ;) (Smile, Archangel!)
Got personal notes?

No comments: