Tuesday, August 26, 2008

#231: Ecclesiastes Allergy Alert

Here it is, almost the end of August, Labor Day Weekend before us and, as Solomon and The Byrds say, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under Heaven." It would appear that the Lord's purpose under Heaven for me today is to be loaded with histamines so I awake early wired to the hilt! This is not necessarily a bad thing, except for the sneezing that can be controlled with Allegra-D; which Doc says is hard on my fibrillating heart, but prayer based on Pv. 3:5-8/Ps. 91:11 on my behalf will counterbalance that affect.
Sooooo...

I began reading Ecclesiastes on my 22nd read-through of the Bible in 28 years and I had some questions the other morning and again today. Did Solomon keep his "vanity" in the bedroom with the chest of drawers and bureau? Should a bureau of foreign affairs (of which Solomon had many, based on the number of wives/concubines he had) be kept in the bedroom or placed in an administrative office?

Gotta go restart Firefox Update. Later.

No comments: