Friday, August 22, 2008

#228: Mukyokai Christian

I love it how the Lord takes mistakes I make and turns them to my good...Hmmm...sounds a bit like Romans 8:28. A near typo just now makes me think that sometimes the book should be called Roamin's because we roam all over the place in our walk in order to get back onto the path the Lord had for us and sometimes I think that, as Malcolm Reynolds says in "Firefly," I LIKE being in the woods because that's the only place I can see the path! (You also get to see some interesting trees in Fangorn Forest and encounter squirrels, nuts, Archangels, and Elves heading for the Grey Havens every so often.)

Back in Post #213, "Hiroshima's Fallout," I mistakenly wrote Mitsuo Fuchida's name, "Fushima" and was promptly corrected by a brother who contributed to my next steps that led to #215, "My Bad." Well, back then I promised a report when I read God's Samurai, so here it is now that I've been reading it directly and off handedly as I play some Triumph and Mob Wars and the engine that runs both those applications spurts and splutters occasionally like a WWII fighter plane about to run out of gas. On page 290 of God's Samurai it says, "Originally Fuchida was baptized a Presbyterian, but as his devotion to Christ grew so did his dislike of specific doctrines, and he became a mukyokai (no church) Christian..." Given my recent path in the woods, I've wondered just how many Christians in America are mukyokai. I wonder what the Japanese characters are for the word? Maybe it could become a popular tattoo among the tattooing Christian set? Why, it could even be one of those "witnessing tools" I've heard about for so many years in this part of the woods to all kinds of people they meet!

Where am I going with this? Beats me. I'm still in the woods waiting for the "light of my path" to illuminate which direction is next. One thing, for those of you on Facebook, you could go to my Profile and add the "Daily Bible Scripture" application to get a daily dose of the Bread of Life and Living Water if you want. Hmmm...Bread and Water seems to go along with my predictions of imminent incarceration for the Saints in America. Just a thought.
Got paper plates and Dixie cups?

Source: Prange, Gordon W. God's Samurai: Lead Pilot at Pearl Harbor, Brassey's (US), Inc., Maxwell Macmillan Pergamon Publishing Corp., Washington et al., 1990.

No comments: