Tuesday, August 5, 2008

#212: 180,000 and Counting

Well, I didn't get where I was going in the prayer journals yesterday, but today...the "tomorrow" I did NOT worry about yesterday...I did. Since December 13, 1980, the Lord has answered 180,000 specific prayer requests of which I know; which means there's probably ten times that many that I don't know about that are already answered, too.
In any event, I did not get injured cutting up parts of a felled oak tree for firewood for a buddy today.
Some missionaries to Russia did get their 3-month visas.
And, as usual, I recorded the Ten Daily Basics for me and The Cook. You need to know about them because you're missing out on "counting your blessings" every morning you awake. Here's how it works. If you've prayed for:
Strength for the day (Dt. 33:25)
Daily Bread (Mt. 6:11)
Forgiveness for any particular thing (1 John 1:9)
Protection from evil or "lead us not into temptation" (Ps. 91:11)
More answers (Jeremiah 33:3)
...then every morning you wake up after a day when you've received these items, you've got five more answers to prayer you probably haven't even considered when you've been wondering if the Lord actually hears you or not.
Not much more need be said.
Got your prayer journal started yet?

No comments: