Wednesday, August 27, 2008

#233: 1984

I spotted an interesting note at the top of today's entry of The One Year Book of Christian History that I peruse in my Inner Chamber daily. Exactly 24 years ago To The Day (thank you Frodo, for that phrase here at The End of All Things) I started praying for Revival of the American Church through Persecution, if necessary, with a subsequent Great Awakening among all the nations, tribes, and tongues found in our borders.
George Orwell's famous book, 1984, brought to our minds yet another example of Big Brother government and extrapolated what would occur. My research that concluded in God Caused the Civil War had an interesting twist in it. Author Mitchel Snay's Gospel of Disunion concluded that the spiritual split North/South over slavery in The Church had to occur first in order to bring about the political split of the Civil War. I've observed in my book that there are at least 37,000 independent, apparently Evangelical congregations with 10 million adherents, according to research from Hartford Institute for Religion Research. Well, that leads me to conclude that there will be a massive split up of the States into some feudal system OR in order to keep order, we'll develop into a totalitarian state that'll make Nazi Germany look like a picnic.
Just a thought.
Got votes in November?

No comments: