Tuesday, August 12, 2008

#218: Facebook Foxed Me!

Ninety-nine times out of a hundred in what life throws my way I'm not surprised; irritated sometimes, but then I try to remember that ALL things work together for my good and ask the Lord to show me just exactly how whatever is bugging me does. Yesterday was #100 for a pleasant change. I was sitting around killing time while it was gradually killing me, taking several of the Quizzes on Facebook. (FYI...I'm either going to die of old age, in an electric chair like Ted Bundy, or of old age in the electric chair...perhaps one of those vibra-massage recliners with a short circuit when I'm in my 80s or 90s?!...that's the conclusion of "How Will You Die?" and "What Serial Killer Are You?")

Getting back to the surprise...Here's the result of "What Color Are You?":
"White symbolizes purity and cleanliness. White is worn by brides at weddings to symbolize this. The Bible says we are "washed white" when we believe in Christ's death for payment of sin. You and white inspire clarity, pure thoughts, and pure actions." The quiz actually includes this as an option for where the quizzee will spend eternity: "In heaven, thanks to faith in Christ's death, burial and resurrection." Can you believe THAT?!! Methinks the constructor of the quiz has revealed something about his/her presuppositions, mayhaps.

Well, now that you're done laughing at trying to visualize me described as white in this sense of the word (I am Caucasian, after all, due to my Anglo-Scottish-Russian-Teutonic genetic roots), let's get down to theological brass tacks...I AM WHITE positionally in Christ, even if the external package aint!! OOORAH, OOORAH!! Granted, my Natural Man may be like Ted Bundy, a Flood for a Disaster, a Chinese philosopher, Lin-Chi, who used to yell at his students and hit them with a fly swatter to shock them into a religious experience, and most importantly, BATMAN...but there's the nasty package Christ redeemed and whose sins have been made "white as snow" according to Isaiah 1:18!!
Folks at Camp Cornelius already KNOW how I can yell. Have I inspired you to clarity, pure thoughts, and pure actions or do I need to go find a fly swatter?!!

No comments: