Monday, August 18, 2008

#223: Holy Hades Batman!

For those of you who lived through 1966 to 1968 watching the schlocky TV series, "Batman," starring Adam West (or you young'uns who caught the reruns on Nick At Night or whatever network carried it)...you just had a flashback to Robin the Boy Wonder, now, didn't you?!! Well, as you visualize the Caped Crusader and his sidekick "climbing" sideways up a wall, I'm going to discuss personality quizzes on the narcissistic medium known as Facebook. Oh, by the way, in the DC Comics hero category...I'M BATMAN!! (Did you just see Michael Keaton or Christian Bale?!!)

Yessiree, Bob, I've been taking Facebook Quizzes over the last several days and have some news. They are a CROCK in most cases...who can conceive of me as a New York Style Pizza?!! Either it's pepperoni and anchovies or I'll be a Philly Cheese steak!! Well, I commented on three of the quizzes in my Facebook blurb yesterday, indicating I'm "a Spartan like Hades, with a good personality, who needs to be sanctified...like, Duh? Really?!!" Post #218, "Facebook Foxed Me", comments on my color as White and the way I'll die. Well...in their own vague-as-any- horrorscope way, these quizzes comment on us all, based on Galatians 5:19-25, "Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

Quiz Accumulation says (with spellings and words corrected and edited):
"When it comes to battle, you don only a spear and leather briefs...because it's all you need."
"Simple out you are a cruel and mean person. You make people feel horrible and blue."
"Your best quality is your personality. People like you because you are an all around good person. You have good manners and values. You also like to express your personal style and interests."
"The Bible says we are 'washed white' when we believe in Christ's death for payment of sin."
It seems to me, considering Christians are indwelt by the Holy Spirit at conversion, that you're never alone in a room with a Christian or a schizophrenic!
Got Spirit Shui Feng? (Born of water and Spirit?)

No comments: