Sunday, March 30, 2008

#102: Holy Ghost Real Estate

Didja ever wonder where exactly the Holy Spirit "dwells within you?" We know that it's a guaranteed fact that He does, based on Ezekiel 36:27, "And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances," so where might He be makin' Himself ta'home, so to speak, in colloquial American?!!
We talk about various organs in a spiritual way, like someone's "got a big heart" or "has a gut reaction" or "has no spine" in all sorts of situations. I figure that our own spirit has to be centered somewhere in our brain and intimately connected with all the rest of us because, when you go brain dead, you're history in this world and the Lord takes your spirit away as the Bible says. (For those of you who thrive on theological correctness, that makes me a dichotomist, not a trichotomist and definitely not a Gnostic. For those of you who just got lost, don't sweat the lingo that occasionally surfaces in my preachifyin' on a Sunday.)
Well, the last I heard we're only using about 10% of our brains these days as we make our entrances and exits on this mortal coil. (A whole let less in many cases, from what I've seen.)
1 Corinthians 13:12 says, "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known." I often figured that the Lord would fill up the other 90% in Heaven in order to fulfill that particular promise. Today it occurred to me (yes, another Inner Room Epiphany) He's probably put His Spirit in THAT 90% to warm up and mark out the territory for future renovations and additions in Resurrected Temples.
Heck, my logic and theology may be whacked as a foul ball over the third base line, but I guess I'll know the answer once the Lord sends the Grim Reaper to pick me up in a chariot of fire, Eh?!
To quote the song I've got crankin' right now down here in the bowels of Stonewalled Charismatic Presbyterian Church, "If you think Heaven's loud enough, just wait 'til He Stands Up! And when He stands up, the heavens will roar...the earth will shake with a trumpet blast and all the Saints will rise at last...JUST WAIT 'TIL HE STANDS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Got Kingom Come Joy?

No comments: