Thursday, March 20, 2008

#93: Cheese In My Computer

Good morning! (Or Good Whatever Time of the Day or Night It Is As You Read This!) I just spent the last 20 minutes defragmenting and disc cleaning my computer because it was acting like it had cheese in its inner works. It's at times like this that I think the phrase Gates of Hell has something to do with Microsoft, not Satan, but I'm probably pulling a text out of context in this instance.
Anyway, earlier this morning I read an entry in one of my devotionals in my inner room based on Romans 8:28, "God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God." Well, in my case, instead of fuming at the slow progress of the defrag line, I picked up Operation World and prayed for Lebanon and the stuff written in that entry, since that's where I am in my resolve to gradually work through the book for the first time in 28 years of being a Christian.
Oh, one thing that reminded me NOT to put my fist through the screen of my computer was an incident of lost temper from about 12 years ago when I got so angry I punched the metal cabinet in my office, actually leaving knuckle prints in the door as I rocked the cabinet back against the wall! The Romans 8:28 application THERE is that I also hurt my knuckles enough that I can accurately predict bad weather now and the likelihood of my EVER punching something that hard again has been significantly reduced, barring the Stupidity Factor of my depraved nature.
Why do I mention all this? Well, I also speed read another one of William Bridge's sermons in A Lifting Up for the Downcast while I was awaiting defrag and disc cleanup (listened to some Mozart from the free cd I got last week trying to hook me into one of those buy-a-bunch-of-stuff-to-have-the-complete-collection deals), so I want to encourage you as Bridge does his readers not to get bummed by your weak walk with the Lord akin to my sometimes-temper. When you HAVE to wait, make use of the time to fellowship with the Lord and kick Satan's butt and your day will improve, as Janice of the Electric Mayhem says, FER SHURE!!
Or maybe from Animal's point of view: PRAY NOW...PRAY NOW...PRAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got requests?

No comments: