Monday, March 24, 2008

#96: Sad Saturday

Well, here we are at Easter Monday. Yesterday was Easter Sunday. Passion Week included Maunday Thursday and Good Friday. Whatever happened to Saturday's first name? Not-So-Hot Saturday might be a possibility given the view of the Disciples. Underground Saturday would be ok, I guess, since Jesus was technically under ground in the tomb. Preach-To-The-Dead Saturday would work based on 1 Peter 4:6.
Hmmm...Preach To The Dead Every Sunday might be what goes on in a large chunk of America every week, I guess, at places like Up The Creek Presbyterian Church. I know, I'm starting to whine again, so I'll give you a Charles Spurgeon quote that covers a LOT of stuff; especially in light of the reading I've been doing in William Bridge's A Lifting Up for the Downcast. I have no idea from which of Spurgeon's hundreds of writings it comes. I found it at the bottom of a missionary email from Haiti:
"Had any other condition been better for you than the one in which you find yourself, divine love would have placed you there." Charles Spurgeon commenting on Psalm 47:4

Oh, my It-Was-OK-Saturday included a trip in which I passed a truck that said "Seal Coating" on the side of it. My driver thought that would explain why roads get slippery when they get wet, being coated with seals, that is. I, on the other hand, figured that the little guys were so slippery in the water because THEY were coated by whatever was in the truck.
Got votes?

No comments: