Tuesday, March 25, 2008

#97: PECO Knows About God

My good buddy, Electrical Wizardman, told me an interesting fact that got some more of my brain synapses firing. Pennsylvania Electric Company will NOT reimburse you for equipment that gets fried because of power outages they determine are "an act of God." My environmentally friendly flourescent light above my head went on and I remarked, "Well, if they believe in acts of God, they must believe in God. That made me think that insurance companies around the country, if not the world, ALSO have "acts of God" clauses, so THEY must officially believe He exists...at least as an excuse for NOT paying you money you think they owe you when a Providential catastrophe occurs to you.
I guess it's a good thing these companies are not died-in-the-wool Calvinists or they'd simply not pay you for ANYTHING because EVERYTHING happens in God's Providence. Hmmm...if there are any insurance moguls reading this, we could ALL be in trouble and may have to support an American Atheists Association class action suit to have "acts of God" clauses struck from all sorts of commercial policy statements!!
Got lawyers' phone numbers?

No comments: