Friday, March 21, 2008

#95: Good Friday Chapter Two

A buddy of mine wanted me to see his stuff on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, so I joined up and now I've suddenly got Friends and access to the whole shebang. Well, I was looking over various places and came across this one spot called "I'm a Christian and Proud of It!!" Since pride goes before a fall, does this seem a bit ironic? And there was this long list of how many folks had signed up (250,000), so good old Conspiracy Theorist Moi thought, "Hmmm...what a great place for the Evil Empire to start collecting names of folks to persecute when the time comes. (If you want some interesting reading on how seemingly small things can snowball, read any of Frank Perretti's novels...good stuff.)
Oh, yeah, in one of the photo categories there were 666 religious pictures. Like...Duuuudes (and Duuuuuddesses), does this seem a little laughable, given all the hubbub in Christian circles about the Mark of the Beast?!! Or maybe it's a good indication that the folks in charge are not stupidstitious? But while I'm on the subject...
A friend sent me an email gizmo last week about that very thing where the technology already exists to put a rice-sized implant in either your right hand or forehead for security identity and tracking purposes. The thing's made by a Motorola subsidiary and they're putting out a million a year. I did have to point out that it would take 6,500 years to make the necessary amount for our current world population, so we might not have to worry about stuff like that particular Mark of the Beast just yet.
Well, think I'll go back to looking around and end up playing some computer games, reading some Puritans, and who knows what else on this day off.
Got plans?

No comments: