Friday, January 9, 2009

2:25, #329: Sacred Cow Epiphany

This morning during my walk around to open up buildings here at Camp Cornelius, I had another minor epiphany. My first thought was, "Do 'sacred cows' give holy milk?" That made me think about the phrase, "the milk of human kindness" that's mentioned by the Ghost of Christmas Present in the Albert Finney version of the movie "Scrooge." The next thought involved an email that I got from a buddy last week about the uselessness of certain body parts. The last point was, "Male nipples...because, why?" THE ANSWER: To dispense the milk of human kindness!!

FYI, according to The Phrase Finder website [http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/247200.html], "milk of human kindness" means "care and compassion for others" AND its origin is good ole Willy Shakespeare, MacBeth, 1623: "Yet doe I feare thy Nature, It is too full o' th' Milke of humane kindnesse."

Yepperrrr...this is what I do, Darling! It's what I do!! ;p

No comments: