Saturday, January 24, 2009

2:38, #342: Obama Is God's Choice

My proof text? Daniel 2:20-21, "Daniel answered and said, 'Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever, For wisdom and power belong to Him. And it is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men, And knowledge to men of understanding.'"

Now...I understand that we did not elect King Barrack the First (hey, I voted for The Girl!), but the point of the text in its obvious...at least to me...reading is that God raises up ALL rulers, regardless of their titles and historical epochs. Why do I feel the need to state the obvious? Because to a lot of folks, it's not. I believe there are a lot of Evangelical Hand Wringers out there who think America is going down the tubes ("Hell in a hand basket" comes to mind) and are grunting and groaning to get God to cut us some slack.

I have more of a Jeremiah 15:1 view of things these days, "Then the LORD said to me, 'Even though Moses and Samuel were to stand before Me, My heart would not be with this people; send them away from My presence and let them go!'" Take a stroll through Leviticus 18:3 to 26:46 and compare the practices of ancient Egypt/Canaan to those of the good old USofA over the course of our history. For my money, we deserve no contract extension of covenant promises to God's Church because we've allowed this cesspool to fill our land from sea to shining sea and to slop over into the Pacific with Hawaii's contributions.

So what's next? Four years of this Administration, maybe eight. I'm of the opinion that 90 years of atheistic communism from East Germany to the Bering Straights (which puts the former enemy only 2 miles from the borders of Alaska for those of you who didn't notice that) were necessary to prepare the Elect to come to faith by the millions in the former Soviet Union nations and China with all its satellites. Who knows? Maybe by 2100 your progeny (my gene pool is not leaking) will get to see a Great Awakening again...assuming that Evangelicals don't get every nation, tribe and tongue evangelized in the interim and see the Return of the Lord as a result.
Got Scripture memorized so you have it handy when they take our Bibles as Hate Literature?

No comments: