Friday, January 23, 2009

2:37, #341: Pennies From Heaven

NOPE, this is not about the song Bing Crosby sang in the 1936 movie of the same name. This is about God's provisions that you've either missed altogether or have failed to acknowledge consciously with a "thank you" written in your journals or mentally, if you don't keep journals. What am I talking about?!!

If you were walking along and saw $417.25 abandoned on the ground, obviously not belonging to anyone, would you pick it up or not; especially if you've asked the Lord to provide for your financial needs? Well, on January 23, 1985...24 years ago to the day, thank you Frodo...I made my first journal entry under the Findings category, realizing that every penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar, and even an Andrew Jackson or Alexander Hamilton was put there for me to find and retrieve in the Lord's providence for my benefit as yet another prayer answer. In fact, the one $10-spot was cut in half while I was on the tractor just before I could raise the blades while mowing part of the forest at Camp Cornelius!!

So what's my point? Look outside the box for prayer answers...and get some exercise by bending over to pick up those pennies from heaven! If you don't, that's ok, too...it will just leave more for us Penny Pickers to get in the coincidental providence of the Lord...like the $417.25 I've gotten one piece at time.
Got spare change?

No comments: