Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2:42, #346: Passing On Thoughts

This short thought comes from Thoughts For The Quiet Hour, edited by D.L. Moody, Moody Press, Chicago, 1984. I figure it's been out of print and came back, based on Amazon.com information I just looked up, but I'd highly recommend you get a copy!!

Today's entry was:
Are there not twelve hours in the day? JOHN 11:9
The very fact of a Christian being here, and not in Heaven, is a proof that some work awaits him. William Arnot.

I believe it was George Whitefield who said, "You're immortal until your job is done."
Seems to me both of these guys, Arnot who lived 1808-1875 and was a Scottish Free Church minister and Whitefield who lived 1714-1770, had good ideas.

I guess this is addressed to any of you who are feeling "useless" in the Kingdom or who know someone who feels that way. Well, another smart redneck, the Apostle Paul, told us to "encourage one another" so if you need it...be encouraged. If you know someone who needs the words...pass them on!
Got knot tied in your rope?

No comments: