Monday, January 19, 2009

2:34, #338: Chocolate Brown Bob-isms

Yeah, lunch with Elfson and Archangel produced a saying that will have to be repeated more frequently before it becomes a verifiable Bob-ism. We were talking about the delicious chocolate chip cookies The Cook concocted this time...crisp, dark brown...just the way I like them. Well, I mentioned that they were the kind of cookies that call to me in a Zen sort of way sometime along about midnight...with a glass of milk singing the chorus, "How Can I Keep From Singing?". The possible Bob-ism, reflecting the act of cookies and milk at midnight: "I'd rather get a good night's sleep than be skinny!!" (All you late-night snackers may feel free to quote me to the loved one trying to weight manage you!! OH...you can also cite Leviticus 3:16 as your life-verse-in-the making..."The fat belongs to the Lord" so here I am!!) (YEPPER...another Bob-ism springs to mind!!

Well, the idea of being skinny reminded me of a real Bob-ism I've repeated in my Post-Reformation, Zen Buddhist Van Tillian frame of reference on the same subject: "I can be skinny in my next incarnation!!" ;p

The other phrase I've used enough to get the slender-finger-wave from Archangel is: "They're so full of crap the top of their heads should be chocolate brown." Something tells me that my interest in talk radio and politicians this year will be making this one recur ad nauseum to anyone within speaking distance of me.

Well, it looks as though I need to amend by blogsite sidebar and add a few more Bob-isms to the list.
Got repetitious sayings of your own?

No comments: