Monday, January 12, 2009

2:27, #331: Walking On Water

I was walking on water this weekend...not exactly like Jesus and Peter did in Matthew 14, however. In my case the water happened to be called ice and snow. I also noticed that Big Foot and Angel Toes were doing likewise and left The Tracker clear signs of where they were Saturday night. My Sherlock Holmesian side just couldn't resist a little analytical observation while cleaning up the campus as far as necessary on the Sabbath.

It's interesting to me that my Charlie Spurgeon devotional reading this morning mentioned Christians "walking on water" like Peter. Oh, it comes from Beside Still Waters: Words of Comfort for the Soul and is available at Westminster Seminary Bookstore and, no doubt, other places. In any event, Charlie draws the parallel between Peter's watery excursion and our usual "how'd I get to this place?" reaction when the Lord shows us what's up. The point of this book edited by Roy H. Clarke is to encourage folks in any of the numerous bummer times we walk through. Here's the bottom line:
"You cannot sink while your heavenly Father's hand is near."
Got that?

No comments: