Saturday, January 10, 2009

2:26, #330: Totally Whacked As Usual

I just got done reading a missionary letter from a buddy in Ireland who included a paragraph about The Phenomenal Power of the Human Mind. Smees tath Cbgamride Uisenvrtiy has ccluonedd taht you can raed suftf eevn wehn the lttrees are out of odrer bcuease of the pmanenoehl pewor of the hmaun mnid, as lnog as the frsit and lsat ltteers are in the rghit odrer. I gesus taht we are tulry "frfulleay and wdoflulnery mdae," as Plsam 139 syas. ;p

I'm giving serious consideration to writing the rest of my posts in the above fashion...except for the fact that it just takes too long to figger out the spellings! He also mentions a couple of stats from somewhere, but don't know exactly where:

Dentists recommend you keep your tooth brush at least six feet from the toilet so it doesn't pick up airborne stuff from the flush. Well, I keep a pair of reading glasses on top of a book on the floor next to the commode so I can read when I forget my glasses in the case, but I won't go into detail about what I wipe from them before I use them, so maybe the idea isn't as whacked as it first sounds. ;p

Another stat is that right handed people live 9 years longer than left handed people. Well, I've just strolled through some articles and learned the stat was based on faulty information gathering...gee, there's a surprise. I believe the stat one really needs to keep in mind comes from the movie, "Fight Club:" "On a long enough time line, the probability of survival is zero!" Or as Amos would have said, "Prepare to meet Thy God!!"

No comments: