Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2:70, #374: Oversight Committee

I've often been amused by the implications of this particular combination of words in regards to guys who are supposed to be running some show. Are they, in essence, in charge of all the mistakes that nobody could figure out ahead of time? Just a thought.

More to the point, I've actually made a couple of oversights...call them temporary lapses in the not-so-hard drive in my brain that needed to be rebooted. First of all, in Post 2:67, #371: Where You From?, I mistakenly had Edward Longshanks invading Scotland in 1514...it was actually Sunday, June 24,1314. Earlier in that post I mentioned that "...and then they will know that I am the Lord" is mentioned 246 times in Ezekiel...my bad!! That phrase is used 62 times throughout the book. What confused me was that "The Lord" is used 214 times (YHVH in Hebrew) and "Lord God" 218 times (Adonay in Hebrew) to make God's point about Himself to all the nations.

Now...my Oversight Committee...that would be Me, Myself, and I...hopes you will not feel that the veracity of the author and perfector of this Self Indulgence is too substantially flawed, but that you will check all the sources and comments made here so that you will do like the Bereans did with Paul in Acts 17:11, "Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily, to see whether these things were so." Hey, if folks had the good sense to check out what Paul said, checking out what I write might be a good idea!!

Got original sources?

No comments: