Sunday, March 29, 2009

2:92, #396: Head of The Undead

My brain kicked in at 3:45 this morning (one of those magic digital clock times I talk about in post #295 if you're interested) based on my current gaming interest, Age of Wonders II. In this game, all sorts of people groups...Archons, Humans, Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Undead and others...beat up on each other for world domination. Turns out Nekron, Head of the Undead is an Anarchist and ends up losing his troops on a regular basis through desertion; which makes beating anyone else a stimulating mental challenge for the I'm-Gonna-Win-If-It-Kills-Me type Problem Solver Personality.

While I was letting the Undead stew on the back of the mental stove after two disappointments... there's a visual for you imaginative types who have seen "Pirates of the Caribbean"...I was whuppin' up on everyone as Head of the Elves and spot-reading Stephen E. Ambrose's D-Day, June 6, 1944: The Climactic Battle of World War II. It turns out that one of the principles he identifies as typical of the Nazi War Machine was "divide and rule"...Hitler's way of making sure nobody really knew who was in charge of what so that he could be Top Dog. In the margin of that paragraph I wrote, "No house can stand divided against itself," remembering Jesus' words about Satan and his "kingdom"...it just occurred to me...how can a "prince of the powers of the air" actually have a king-dom...maybe it should be his king-dumb, based on his lugubrious history from covering angel to cast out of heaven. But I sorta digress...

This morning's early cogitations, gently marinating like some bouillabaisse of the brain, made me think of The American Church, based on a conversation I had with a new friend, Sam, with whom I spoke whilst digging chickweed from around Bob The Lacy Leaf Chinese Red Maple on Friday. We got around to how many Presbyterian denominations there are...ARP, CRC, PCA, OPC, PCUSA, Ad Nauseum Presbyterians (15 listed in Wikipedia)...and I said only the Babdists are better at separating from each other...deserting like those dastardly Undead Cavalry et al now that I think of it...and my heart was saddened at the state of our disunion as a Body. Reading Selwyn Hughes' devotional sections on "Revival" doesn't help my disgruntled state of mind, yet 1 Corinthians 15:58 reminds me to "be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your work is not in vain in the Lord."

Oh, Yeah...since ALL people are born "dead in your trespasses and sins" as Ephesians 2:1 says, I guess, technically, we Born Again Types REALLY are God's Undead, Eh?!! We miss out on the Second Death talked about in Revelation and get to feast with the Lamb on more than green eggs and ham!!! And good ceegahs all around in the anchovy pizza section with a glass of white Grenache wine!!

Can you believe that I've been awaiting the Spirit's Move since at least January 23, 1983, when I first recorded my Revive The American Church request?

No comments: