Thursday, March 12, 2009

2:78, #382: Maypo Let & Other Ramblings

Mapolet is apparently a Hebrew word that means something...I'll probably have my brain upgraded by Archangel after she reads this the way Elfson upgraded my near-defunct hard drive yesterday and today.
The reason I put up Maypo Let is that Maypo was a great tasting hot breakfast cereal when I was a kid in the 50s (that would be 1950s, not 1850s wiseguys!) and having forgotten 99% of my Hebrew from seminary daze allowed me to run with the long-aaayy sound. Hey...Wikipedia uses the phrase "Maypo is a maple-flavored brand of oatmeal" so it appears the good stuff is still around...hopefully newly made, not just left over for 50 years.

Speaking of hard drives...I've put in with the help of Elfson, as I said, about 5 hours getting back to where I was two days ago in a waiting-for-the-catastrophe-to-happen mode of almost feeling the hard drive's pain...ooops, slipping into some Zen animism here...as it groaned to do the few things I asked of it. Fortunately, whoever has been praying for patience for me hasn't been praying to fervently because I haven't been taxed beyond what I am able...but I guess that goes without saying in all circustance, doesn't it?!! Well, there's still some difficulties with the music that's supposed to be on my machine, but I'll deal with that as I go along The Long and Winding Road...thank you, Beatles.

The good news about yesterday's long haul to get the new drive installed got me outside once the weather got tolerable to chain saw up some tree limb for firewood for a single mom in a student's congregation, so Deaconal Work 101 went well. Similarly, I actually learned something new about the chainsaw and tuned it up so it worked well...job satisfaction is satisfying, isn't it?!!

The last ramble is that I've been included in a list of sidebar blogsites that has a heading that reads "KLODS." Phonetically speaking, being listed among other clods could either irritate me as an insult to my obviously vastly superior intellect or it could be a left handed dirt person compliment indicating those in the list are images of The Good-Dirt-Guy, Adam, about whom I wrote several posts ago in #378: I've Got Dirt In My Blood. Well, either way, maybe I'll learn some 21st century blog-lingo later on, too.
Got Old Dog Tricks?

No comments: